Hi Folks

Paul Law

Hi all,

Just venturing back into RC, so new to Planes, flew Heli's a while back.

Bought an Irvine Tutor 2, so ready to get going again smiley

In my previous guise i had a JR PCM 9X2 which was a great Tranny but i guess things have moved on, my question is, is there any point in 35Mhz or should i go 2.4, also is there anything out there that will convert my 9X to 2.4 ? indecision

Many thanks,

Paul

Advert

Nothing wrong with 35MHz, just check for corrosion in the battery wires if it's not been used regularly. If it has a plug in module you could convert to 2.4 using 3rd party modules and receivers, one brand I would recommend being FrSky. Not let me down in around 4 years of using them.

That way you get the benefit of a tx you are familiar with + the bonus of not having to worry about frequency control and waiting for your channel to be free.

Hi Paul, I'm sure that 35 still works as well as it ever did. And, you can pick up bits and pieces for very little ( I still have two TX, and countless RX lying redundant) But, I'd go for 2.4 if you intend to really do this. It is so much more convenient. No crystals. No peg board. Just about bomb proof. and also it seems tp be in almost universal use.

ernie