Acro wot foam e

Limmy71

Advert

• 4 months later...

Gorilla Glue for me, then held down tightly with cable ties. ( If I was able to, I'd post a piccy of how the cable ties are fitted.

Also, try to make a slowish wheelie landing ( avoiding the humps and holes on the strip ) rather than three pointers. Also I've also swapped the main wheels for 1&1/2 times larger bouncy items to soften any shocks transmitted up to the u/c:fuselage joint.

If I bought another AcroWot e I would certainly fit larger wheels before even the first flight. Guess I might also use the reinforcedtape too. Actually it's really a problem that should have been designed out in the first place, the rotational loads that the u/c develops on a "firm" landing are such that a sacrificial weak link would be a good idea, perhaps using nylon wing or u/c bolts as on some other models. I considered that after the first breakage but a straight swap isn't really viable, and couldn't be ar**d to adapt the mounting for bigger bolts.

Still love it though!

This seems to be a common problem with the Wot 4 foam E and other similar foamy models at my club. Most of these (having had the ply mount plates re-glued using silica) have had the fuselages drilled and dowels fitted ie the U/C being held by elastic bands . This seems by and large sorted the problems . (I know this from first hand experience!)

I'd also suggest an APC E prop and as mentioned above larger wheels.

My suggestions, and what I have done with an AcroWot & WOT4 Foam-e....

• Glue in dowels and hold the U/C on with bands
  • Make the U/C mount as strong as it possibly can be - ulta-reinforced. Now bolt the U/C on with nylon bolts. In a heavy arrival the bolts will snap, so fit new ones!
  • Fit bigger wheels
  • APC E prop

Posted by Sparks on 02/08/2014 09:02:31:

On both my Wot4 and AcroWot Foame's I ditched the steel screws and drilled & tapped the holes 5mm and use 5mm Nylon bolts to retain the U/C. With a 'heavy' arrival, the bolts will shear instead of ripping out the plastic U/C mount.

aw_uc.jpg

hi my friend i had too repaire my landing gear of my wot 4 ...i jus used a plywood in side and long bolts.

here i take some photos for you.

regards

jesmond from malta