Identification please!

dsc_1430.jpg

A very kind friend gave me this aeroplane, which looks fairly normal here.

dsc_1429.jpg

That's my Jester and Domino underneath it, and the wing more than covers both!

I don't know what it is but it is about 105" span (yes, 105!) with 4 channels (with ailerons) and a three piece wing (two panels join to a small centre section). It is meant to have wing braces that I don't have yet (and won't be flying without of course!). I need to know what it is to find out what engine is suitable, we might have one. It needs a clean up and fitting out, probably something I'll do in the Summer. Maybe get a camera on it too.

CS

Advert

It is the Precedent Aeronca Champ. I've got one and it's 104" span. It looks to just be missing the struts on the wings...

Just for info, Carbon Copy do a GRP cowl for it which tidies up the front end nicely and gives more clearance internally for the engine/exhaust etc than the built up wooden one does.

http://www.carboncopyuk.com/acatalog/Aeronca_Champ_Precedent.html

Edited By Alan Gorham_ on 19/04/2014 18:12:19

A friend of mine had one, he put a Super Tigre ST2000-20cc in it and it was fine...until a mutual friend misjudged distance due to size/scale considerations and put it into the back of an Oak tree on finals "Mike you're behind the tree!" , "No I'm not!". descending occurred, "oops!"....Crump!

Shaunie.