Help needed how do these compare ?

Hello all

I need some help please, I am not too sure when buying electric stuff.

I have been waiting for a Turnigy D3536/6 motor for ages (out of stock)

specs are ...1250 kv..max current 34a....max volts 15...500watts

Fed up of waiting so have seen this one, how do they compare please ?

specs are Turnigy G 25 870 kv...max current 32a....max volts 15...470 watts.

I am thinking of using 3 cell 2200mah lipo's on either...is that o.k. also what size esc would you advise ?

I will be using Turnigy plush.

The model is a small 3d type

Thanks John

Advert

The kv rating is ok as long as it will physically fit, you may be able to go 1" bigger on the prop. My foam Wot 4 is fitted with a 870kv hobby king motor & the prop is now 14 x 6, great flyer.

Posted by Neil67 on 25/04/2014 23:20:56:

On the same theme. I needed a new motor for a wot 4 Foam e and Kings Lynn said an overlander 35/36 would be ok. Is this correct?. Around 1050 kv with the original wot 4 esc at 40 amps.

Posted by john stones 1 on 25/04/2014 23:27:58:

Thanks fella's

Models only 2lb ish, i was thinking 500w or the 470 with lower kv and bigger prop.

I could well be talking rubbishembarrassed but i want plenty pull. 700+w sounds a bit much Frank, but i shall have a look at the sk3 series they look good

Thanks John

870KV and less than 1kilo? It's possible this will hover! thumbs up

It's said you need 100 watts per pound of model & I've no reason to doubt this. Go for the biggest prop that will fit or look right then look at motor specs to choose a motor to turn said prop. I use an in line ammeter--- wattmeter to determine the pitch of the prop.

Posted by john stones 1 on 25/04/2014 23:27:58:

Thanks fella's

Models only 2lb ish, i was thinking 500w or the 470 with lower kv and bigger prop.

I could well be talking rubbishembarrassed but i want plenty pull. 700+w sounds a bit much Frank, but i shall have a look at the sk3 series they look good

Thanks John

Does the motor mount direct to the bulkhead or to a forward facing mount as this HK motor mounts the same as Wot 4 foamy.

Posted by john stones 1 on 25/04/2014 23:39:35:

Crossed posts Charles

Its 35 inch w/span 2lb ish, very similar to mini jazz being built on here.

I want a lot of pull but not really speed, to mess about low and be able to get away from floor, when i mess up devil

Sorry John, I'll try to explain. It' not like an O.S. motor that mounts to the bulkhead with the motor facing forward, this one needs it's mount at the very front behind the prop. I've just checked on H.K. & the motor is still on sale & in stock. Part no SKU T3639-750 & $25.64

Posted by john stones 1 on 26/04/2014 00:18:04:

Front ends not finished on model, have been waiting for motor before completing.

I am not familiar with wot 4 foamy so don't know how it mounts ?

John

Posted by john stones 1 on 25/04/2014 23:39:35:

Crossed posts Charles

Its 35 inch w/span 2lb ish, very similar to mini jazz being built on here.

I want a lot of pull but not really speed, to mess about low and be able to get away from floor, when i mess up devil

35inch 2lb and 500w thats seriously fast EDF territory, I have an AXI 2217 in my Addiction which is a bit bigger than this and run it on a 1700 mah 3S, about 300w. If you after 3D I'd go for a smaller diameter motor to keep the weight down.