Parkzone Ka8

Advert

Just bought one and flew it for 1st time on Wednesday, caught a thermal off the bungee on 2nd flight and had a 20+min flight.

It bungee's very well, but our bungee was a bit too powerful and the wings didn't half bend, but it went up straight as your like, I've fitted the aerotow release but haven't tried aerotowing yet, but it should be pretty good.

In light with other forums I made sure mine balanced around 10-15mm in front of the recommended point and the elevator is still quite sensitive. Airbrakes on a single servo are the only slight fiddle to set up, otherwise at £80 for the PnP or £100 with 6 channel DSMx Rx, Rx Lipo and BEC is an absolute bargain. Airbrakes are very effective BTW.

Still need to fine tune mine and get the aileron rudder mix about right, but from first flights it looks promising, but it's for light winds only, I wouldn't try sloping it in 20mph winds, but it should tow up behind any standard size trainer. Will try mine behind my EFlite Beaver with a 350watt set up which already has towed up my Easy Glider a few times. (Note no tow release fitted to the tow plane, but 40ft tow line secured to top of wing with velcro, seems to work well and the one time we got out of sync this pulled apart so seems to be a good simple safety backup)

Another couple of club members have ordered them as well, roll on those hazy sunny days.

Sounds promising. Thinking of one as an aerotow trainer, though I think I will have to persuade the club tug pilots to use a less powerful model than usual (1/4 scale Cub and a big Decathalon that can prop hang are their usual weapons of choice!). Fun Cub or similar seems closer to the required.

Was that the E-Flite Hi-Luanch system? 

Edited By Robert Armstrong 2 on 22/05/2014 17:58:12

Robert, No it wasn't the E Flite one, but a friends 15 year old one that he had as a lad, he dug it out and I replaced half the surgical tubing which had perished, been using it for a year now and apart from recently losing the parachute in a tree it's going well.

We are currently building an Ampley as a Tug

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 22/05/2014 22:48:31

Posted by Robert Armstrong 2 on 22/05/2014 17:57:14:

Sounds promising. Thinking of one as an aerotow trainer, though I think I will have to persuade the club tug pilots to use a less powerful model than usual (1/4 scale Cub and a big Decathalon that can prop hang are their usual weapons of choice!). Fun Cub or similar seems closer to the required.

Was that the E-Flite Hi-Luanch system?

Edited By Robert Armstrong 2 on 22/05/2014 17:58:12

You're in luck Rob, I've just bought a Carbon-Z Cub and I'll add a tow release servo, so go for it wink

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 23/05/2014 09:08:02