Supermarine 317 Bomber, Mitchell's last design.

Thanks Tony. It was great to meet you and see your amazing handiwork. Hang in there mate!

Dylan. Thank you. I'll get my head around it when I get back, I think it's going to be very good. If you have got a 3D graphic of the fuselage as you finalised the design, that could help me speed up the process of working out what goes where!

Back home on 09 July.

• 1 month later...

image.jpgI've made a start on gluing this together. It's quick to do, the slowest part is making sure where it all goes.

This is one of three current projects. now that I've got the Barnstormer flying I want to finish off the Seafang after the latest frustration with the snapped motor shaft. I've got the replacement from 4Max and will have that fitted tomorrow, so the priority is to get this finished. However, I've got some time during these next two weeks and hope to make some real progress.image.jpg

Done a bit more on this today, following some help from Dylan I realised that I'd started wrong, so had to unglue some bits and start again, but I think I've got it now so should move on reasonably quickly. Also made some progress on the Seafang. On top of managing to fly yesterday with three models including the Barnstormer, I might be getting somewhere.image.jpg

image.jpgGot some more done tonight. I drew around the half frame while I could still lay it flat. I can use this to start drawing up the fuselage scale detail. Then I started cutting the 6x3mm stringers from balsa sheet and built up the tail end. I want to get the stringers down the left side to lock it straight before I build up the right side, which should be fairly quick now that I've got the hang of it. I'm thinking of buying 2mm balsa to do the sheeting, I think that's Danny Fenton's recommendation.image.jpg