Whata-A-Mistaka-To-Maka

Advert

a driver i worked with was preparing a train for start of service early one morning . he swithed the train on to let the compressors pump up the air for the brakes but didnt check the hand brake was fully on. the train ran away along the sidings but was stopped from going on the main line by catch points, these derailed the train straight in to the side of bognor signal box desroying the boxes toilet. the signal man had used the toilet 5 minuites before so he was a very lucky fella. this caused mayhem for a few days and cost southern a good few pounds

• 4 weeks later...

They've done it again!!!!! This report copied from the Huffington Post last week:-

Two Ryanair planes have been damaged in a collision at one of the country's busiest airports.

Passengers faced delays of up to three hours after a Warsaw-bound plane and an aircraft from Frankfurt Hahn that had just landed, collided in the parking area of Stansted Airport at about 6.45am.

The crash occurred when the wing tip of one plane and the tail cone of another "made contact", Ryanair said.

Essex Police said routine breath tests on both pilots returned zero readings and no one was hurt.

Both of the planes were Boeing 737-800 models, which can carry up to 189 passengers, a Ryanair spokesman confirmed.

One passenger on the Warsaw-bound flight said on Twitter: "Huge loud crashing noise and totally felt the crush sitting at the back. Thank God it only hit the wing as if it was the body of the plane it'd been apocalypse."

Posted by Colin Ashman on 30/06/2014 11:12:44:

One passenger on the Warsaw-bound flight said on Twitter: "Huge loud crashing noise and totally felt the crush sitting at the back. Thank God it only hit the wing as if it was the body of the plane it'd been apocalypse."

Just proves that some people really shouldn't be let out alone...face 22

Pete

In my day (Oh no, here we go again.....) ,whatever I was flying, once stopped prior to shutdown with the park brake applied, CHOCKS IN! Even with the Sea King helicopter. On the C130 it was the Loadies job to exit the front door and chock the nosewheels. I guess that they can save a bit of cash by not buying chocks and a person to place them! Clearly, this time, the expense would have been cheaper! The chocks were not removed on departure until taxy clearance was obtained.

Yes Pete. Some hard hitting quotes from MOL with no chance of appearing here! Sometimes I think our extreme liberals (if that is not a contradiction in terms) should take heed of the likes of MOL, Boris Johnson, Jeremy Clarkson and others for a glimpse of what is sometimes known as the real world.

I am looking forward to hearing his comments on this incident.

By the way. I have just had a couple of lousy flights with Vueling (low cost arm of BA / Iberia) and for the trouble I have a 20 euro voucher. I am going to ask them if I can redeem the voucher with Ryanair. Are you listening Michael?