AR6200 case split.

Kevin Fairgrieve

Take a look at the picture.

rx ar6200.jpg

The fact that the case has split does not concern me. What I am worried about is the "splay" of the plugs and the damage they may be causing to the solder joints on the pins.

The RX is not a new one being DSM2 rather than DSMX. Just that I have not fully loaded one of these before.

Can someone, anyone check their`s, and let me know if yours have done this.

Kev

Advert

I've checked three that I can readily inspect and none have any sign of a split but, to be fair, none of them have 7 plugs, all jostling for space, Kev... smile

Having said that, the tightness between plugs is something I've often encountered with Spekky and Orange Rx's, from the AR8000 to the Orange 6Ch's - I don't know if it's a problem on other systems.

I've never had any Spekky servos so I couldn't say if 7 of theirs would fit nicely - if it's anything, I suppose the after-market manufacturers might use plugs on servos and extension leads which may exceed the design standard for JST connectors.... that wouldn't help if they do!

I would think you should be fine provided you don't exercise the pins too often - if you have to connect aileron servos etc each time you assemble the model, it might be worth fitting a short extension to the Rx and plug the lead into that. I often do this for difficult to reach Rx's - which is most of them with my sausage-like fingers!teeth 2

Pete

Posted by Paul Marsh on 11/06/2014 12:52:31:

It's a fake, best put it in the bin!

Yes, I would be very concerned. If the model goes out of control, which it does on these fakes, then a split case is the least of ones' worries. frown

Edited By Paul Marsh on 11/06/2014 12:55:49

Nope it is genuine. Or at least it should be.

It came from Horizon Hobbies.

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 11/06/2014 13:29:29