1/4 scale Buccaneer

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

No the Bucc is not forgotten so here is an update :

Don't think that this retract will work in size for the fuse.

The retract is width for the fuse

Geoff looks like you will have a good challange sorting out the main retract the legs are way to big.

Looks like the they would retract the wheel inwards and then rotate it in to the fuse.

This will not work looks like it need custom made retracts

Top view of the size of the hatch

What do you think Geoff would this be a good size hatch to get to all the stuf in the fuse

Cheers

Ton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Ton

I love the work you have done but might be able to help you with your retract issue.

It seems that on the full size the oleo fully compresses during the retraction sequence as you can see from these photos.

It also seems they hug the outside of the jet pipe so only retract about 60 degrees or so...

How this might work on the model I have no idea however!

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 21/11/2014 16:51:38

Looks like things are really coming to life with this one now, all thanks to Ton and some very helpful information posted by you guys.

I am indeed now in the possesion of the next lot of CADs, and yes, they are HUGE!, one former actually measures over 1.4 metres wide! but we knew that smile p

My work now really begins, and that starts with, breaking those huge pieces down into more managable smaller components, that will have a jigsaw/dovetail type interlock when glued back together, so preventing the joints to pull apart, so I better get to work before Geoff starts cracking the whip wink 2

• 3 months later...