Tin Hats Everyone!!!

Advert

That's why you should stay in the area for spectators. Sitting at the end of the runway is not a sensible place, pilot error is always a possibility, though in this case a perfect approach and landing, runway behind you is not a lot of use if you are trying to get down and stop.

anyhow, gave them all something to talk about

I assume you mean the video, moorer...

It seems that the video owner, ArcturanMegaDonkey, is having the video "managed" by Newsflare who sell the video for any commercial use. To see the original on youtube just go to ArcturanMegaDonkey's channel and view it from there.

I could link direct to the video on here, but that might constitute commercial use that Newsflare "manages" and charges for, and anyway the mods might administer a slight slap on the wrist as there's some mild "language" near the start.

I tried embedding it, John, but it wasn't having any of it. If I'd been daft enough to stand there, I'm sure I'd have passed comment, too....teeth 2

Never mind, it should appear in this year's 'Honourable Mentions' listing on the Darwin Awards website.....wink 2

Pete

Brilliant, as much as it is probably seen as being reckless or silly, every one of those people stood (Or jumping out of the way in fear!!! ha ) loved it and will talk about it for years.

I remember (and still do with my little boy sometimes and also at RIAT) standing on the fence at the end of 08 at Brize watching the VC-10s land. Now, there is a lot of threshold still available at that point but some occasionally appeared to be seeing how tall the fence was!

Good times = St Maarten regularly, Bad times = C-130 that unfortunately had its rear ramp down!

Jos,

in answer to yor question about security- the Threshold is about 100m from the A15 (which is where the most of the people are on or near) it is a public road so there is right of way.

As an additional point the runway at waddington is wider than nornal so often aircraft will land very close to the threshold as they will slightly understimate their height due to the optical illusion caused by the wider runway.