Max Thrust Riot battery size

Hi,

i am thinking of buying a Max Thrust Riot. I have heard however that the battery compartment will only take slim 2200 lipos. As I already have several Overlander and Dynamic lipos of this capacity I don't really want to have to purchase more.

in addition I would also like to retain the battery with a Velcro strap too, so this would require clearance too.

Could anyone shed some light on the battery compartment size please, I would be grateful if you could.

Regards

Adrian

Hi Colin,

Yes it certainly does help. I have compared my battery sizes to the ones you have said that you are using, and am now confident that mine will fit OK.

Thanks for the additional information about the standard clip and latch too, and of course for taking the time to reply.

many thanks and kind regards

Adrian

I have removed the door from the battery bay and use a couple of velcro straps and velcro under the battery to hold it in place. Able to use thicker batteries with no issues. Also makes the battery swapping easier.

Got through my A Cert on that set up smiley

Adrian,

The last Riot fuselage I bought (and there have been several!) had the bottom cut out already, and just accommodated a 4S 3300 and velcro.

It is a good mod to join the separate u/c parts, either by TIG welding, or as I did, rivet a bridge piece across the four holes.

Some carbon stringers down the last foot or so of fus sides - after the first crash, can be useful.

Converting to rubber band wing attachment is a really good idea.

Since I bought mine (18 months ago), I think the battery area has been increased in the newer ones. I have had over 100 flights on the stock setup, no probs, apart from the rudder not been glued in securely on receipt. Suggest you check that before you maiden! I have read that others suffered this issue. Happy landings, I've been pleased with mine!

oh, one other thing, I've replaced the wheel bolts with stronger ones-the original ones were a little too bendy for my landings!

steve

You may find this useful...

Yes Steve the original bolts seemed to have been made from Japanese cheesemetal. Replace them at the earliest available opportunity and if you fly from grass, put bigger wheels on it and it wont nose over.

My Riot is a few months old... "accommodated a 4S 3300 and velcro" What a great idea. You will runout of patience with the 3 cell - the only loops it will do are tight ones...

Edited By Stevo on 23/07/2014 16:11:26