Model craft File Sander

Hi,

On a whim, I bought one of these...

What a great idea, eh. But how on earth do you change the belts? I've been at it for an hour or so. Yes there's a spring mechanism in there but it's always under tension so not allowing you to change the belt...AAAGGGHHH

Advert

I thought much the same as Plummet - rather like a midget hacksaw ( the crude type) where you press to release tension enough to change. otherwise there must be some screw or catch to release.

If all else fails then a phone call to Proops Bros might be the answer - they list them and I think they may be the makers too.

By the time you have figured it out it would have been quicker to make a wooden sander with double sided tape to hold glasspaper etc!

A Permagrit sander is far superior to anything else I have tried, only the old discontinued Sandvik sandplates came close.

Edited By kc on 23/07/2014 17:08:43

Wierd one.

My daughter got on to an online chat with the manufacterer... Yes press the button and push forward and remove the belt.

They were a bit stumped when we said "one hand to push the button and push forward, one hand to hold the file, and one hand to remove the belt..."

Anyhow, I removed the belt, rather by force! - and replaced it with another...

Yes Keith, I should invest in a Permagrit cheeky