SAS Wild Thing or Flying Things Spectre sloper?

John F

I find myself in a position where i will be spending a couple of weeks at a RAF unit in Wales really close to the coast. No clues then! And have plenty of time to find my slope legs with those long summer evenings.

I am a newb to slope and find myself torn betwixt a Wild thing and the Spectre. The reviews of the WT are all great for a newb but, and this bothers me a bit, the postage cost is just silly so I started to look at other EPP slopers, hence the Spectre option.

I have the money, I am just tight fisted and I feel almost ?13 postage to be too much.

Is the WT really worth it or is the Spectre as good? Whatdyathink?

Edited By John F on 28/07/2014 15:35:45

Edited By John F on 28/07/2014 15:36:49

Advert

Not too helpful, but I bought one last week to take to North Devon next week! I bought the kit which included the servos and battery pack, as I'm a lipo / electric power only sort of guy! There is a review by Tim Mackey on the tube (**LINK** and seeing as this is my first non-powered plane it looks just right! In his review, Tim says it flies great, but is not suitable for combat.

It took longer to assemble than I'd imagined - only due to covering it twice, but it does feel quite indestructible now. I'm really looking forward to giving it some air time next week.

Being of a limited budget, I went for the Spectre

I own Tim's Spectre now.....teeth 2

It's worth pointing out that Tim sold me the Spectre because he preferred the WT...better for combat he said.

To counter that the guys who I fly slope with are very impressed by the Spectres light wind performance....as a slope numpty all I can tell you is that it flies very nicely & has absorbed my hamfisted landings without a scratch!!

As a newbie I think you'd be happy with either of 'em to be honest...