2nd plane

Graham Biddulph

Still trying to decide what is going to be my second plane, I can now fly my Bixler quite well, You have all convinced me that Parkzone warbird is probably a step to far, so which aircraft. The only thing to keep in mind is that it must have no undercarriage. I fly from a rough silage field. I was thinking of the multiplex twin star. Any other thoughts would be most welcome.

can't see why not as long as you balance it correctly, just tone down the control movements to start with and maybe even swap the prop for a 10*7 or 11*6 one for the first flight if you don't have any experienced flyers to guide you. This will reduce the maximum speed and give you that little bit more time to react.

Graham, the Multiplex Twin Star is a good model but it depends what type of model you'd like, something more aerobatic, faster or scale like, the Twin Star will fly more like a conventional trainer than the Bixler and be slightly more aerobatic, it would actually be a good 2nd model, but is it the type of model you want.

If you want a powered glider then the Radian or Easy Glider wouldn't be bad choices, scale then something like the Parkzone T-28 without the undercarriage would probably not be a bad first low wing aircraft, but it would have no natural stability compared to your Bixler. If you want aerobatic then the Wot 4 (foamE) without the undercarriage should be fine.

What radio are you using BTW, no point recommending the Parkzone or E-Flite BnF stuff is you aren't using a Spektrum radio.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 25/08/2014 16:16:37:

Wot4Foam-E

What he said. I have one and they are very durable, fly in any weather, make a great winter hack, and you could take the u/c off.

I fly from farmland which is pretty rough, the std u/c needs work anyway. I have reinforced mine using the strong woven tape and it has been 100% reliable.

Rich

ps if you throttle back on the Wot4 foame it is very docile, great for practicing landings as it is very forgiving.

Edited By Rich2 on 25/08/2014 16:29:12

Frank, yes I have DX8 Spectrum, so that should be o.k. Don't require aerobatic yet, I do fancy the T28 but was worried that may fall into the warbird catagory and be to much of a handful for me at the moment. The wot4 is also appealing as long as I can belly land it without the undercarriage. I do fancy the twin star but I have read that its going to be discontinued and getting parts may be a problem. trying to stay away from powered gliders, as that's what the bixler is (almost)