Wot 4 xl maiden

Mark a

Hi all

Took my new Wot 4 xl for its maiden today. Got to the field about 10 and set up and checked over the model one last time. First flight was easy with only a couple of clicks of trim needed for level flight, flew for 10 minutes checked the stall etc and all good after all its a Wot 4. On the second flight I opened up the ASP 120fs and the Wotty would go vertical from take off and would keep going until I decided otherwise all in all a good day did another four flights and brought it home in one piece.

Mark.

Advert

Good choice of the 120fs.

I've got an XL with a NGH gt25. Thought i would try petrol for the first time, to save 30 min travelling for fuel if i ever ran short. First flight the exhaust fell off and lost the outlet stub ( new exhaust bought ). Second flight it fell off again. Bought 4mm studding to put dual lock-nuts and star washers on it. Third outing the exhaust stayed on. Fourth outing, the plane didn't have enough power to take off, so while aborting due to the larger size ,miss judged distance and took the u/c off on a fence over the edge of the runway and broke plug, as mounted it inverted (cause - possibly clunk had come off as petrol had not been long bought. Have now refitted engine sideways, saving plug braking if it ever goes off edge of runway again, fixed u/c, and awaiting it's next outing.

When it did fly, on maiden, it flew perfect.Can't remember putting any trim in it.

I've now got an ASP 120fs on hand, just in-case i get fed up with the petrol engine. Lucky for me the mounting widths and bolt fixings are the same.

• 3 months later...

Well been flying the XL for a few months now and I love it. It has presence in the air and you can do anything with it and my fellow club mates are keen to get one for themselves. The ASP 1.20 is well suited for this model providing lots of power when its needed and a good 10mins flight time. Next step is to fit the glider towing kit and drag a few gliders into the air.

Mark.