Looking for a thermal soarer for slope

Advert

here is a good one I have looked and its not easy to find a kit that your looking for. There mostly ARTF. The one in the link is to, but the Mystique has brilliant reviews and a proper fantastic glider from what I see. Why don't you try designing one your self Andy. I am planning doing my own design of a 3 meter glider and have already chosen the airfoil for it but need to build a wing. I've got a fuselage already and I will be making the wing to suit the Fuselage already so when I go up the slope I'll be taking 2 sets of wings but one Fuselage....

The wings I already have are full thermal sail plane wings like the Bird of Time. The new wing will have zero dihedral and more of a warm/hot liner wing built for speed and stronger winds.

I have recently slope soared a Thunder Tiger E-Hawk which was originally a 1.5M electric soarer. I know that Andy wanted something of about twice this size but for anyone interested, a converted Hawk 1500 makes an excellent slope soarer. I flew mine for a while as a thermal soarer although I think its really more of a warm-liner with its RG15 section. I simply took out the motor, replaced the spinner and prop with a shaped nose block then covered it with fine glasscloth extending onto the fuselage and painted it white gloss to match. I used the same battery, a 3S 1300 with a 5 Volt UBEC to power the receiver and servos, It needed a little bit of weight to replace the motor. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went, quite fast and with good penetration. Three 20 minute flights still left 90% in the battery. Just an idea for anyone with a spare Hawk 1500 who wants to try sloping.