Hellooooo

Slopetrashuk

Advert

Hi guys, I have had a thirty year break from the hobby and am trying to get back in. My how things have changed. I have never flown RC or Electric. Iam thinking of building an electric powered Simplex but I require some info. Is it a suitable trainer, engine size and how it mounts, brushed or otherwise what kind of SC, RX, servos, do Ineed a switch, Nicad or Lipo and size of same. Any other info that might be generally useful. Thanks.

Hi David, thanks for that, I am sorry but I assumed everybody knew of the Simplex. It is a two channel vintage RC model designed by Dick Stouffer 36 span,fus 28, wing area 144 sq in, power 0.49 deisel or glo, sheet wing tail and fin, rudder and elevator control, no engine control, no undercart. Presented in the Dec 2006 RCME by yet another Ashby,Maurice with free plan and instructions. I wish to convert it to electric as it is difficult to find somewhere to fly power. Thanks.

Barry, contact the BMFA and they'll point you to a local club contact.

Terry - ah, sorry I'm being completely daft, serves me right for replying after a long day in the office. Maurice is my dad so I've seen his one fly. I'll have a word with him. My guess would be a speed400 or brushless equiv, perhaps a 3s pack. You could try giving John Emms at Puffin models a ring, he's good at helping choose an electric set-up.

Returning to RC model flying after a break of about 30 years! Boy! there is so much of a change!
Starting off with a World Models Cessna Skylane E.P. Would be interested to know of anyones experience with this model.
Does anyone know of a good publication that would get me up to date on electric flying - fixed or heli?