Sig Demoiselle Build Log

Stupid noobie question here:

I've never used a motor with a prop-attachment like this one before: very short shaft, with a collet-thing with two grub-screws in it. I assume I attach the prop with a rubber band over the two grubs, but the shaft in front of the collet thing is far too short and it doesn't seem to want to go back any further.

Any clues ?

20150102_133656578_ios.jpg

Martyn, if you get yourself a short length of something called Thera-band tubing (look on Eb*y, I use the blue type) and slice off thin rings with a scalpel or sharp cutters you will have a lifetime's supply of prop saver bands for little cost and they compare very favourable with the rubber O rings more usually used for that role.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got round to flying it.

There was no wind at all when I set out but just a little bit by the time I got to the field.

And 'just a little bit' is quite a lot with this plane.

It looked absolutely beautiful flying slowly, slowly round the patch. I flew it figure-of-eight round the field cos I was worried I'd never get it back if I went too far downwind.

Beautiful, beautiful.

demoiselle maiden.jpg

Edited By Martyn Johnston on 26/05/2015 15:07:35

• 7 years later...

I'm having to rebuild my fuselage with bass wood because the first time I landed the fuselage top longeron at section D broke behind the FD3/FD3 doublers .  I have found the balsa used in the kit are way too soft even trying to be very careful. I'm replacing all the longerons with bass wood. Does anyone have any more comments ?  Marty