seagull arising star

Martin Quick

Hello all members, please exuse any anomalies but its my first (New member) thread.

Ive now assembled and flown the trainer arising star, for me as a beginner Im greatly impressed on its flight characteristics and the standard of the kit.

The only grump I have is securing the wings with rubber bands, it spoils an otherwise super finish.

Has anyone made a screw securement arrangement or is there a pre made bracket set available available?

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance, Martin

Advert

It's very likely that someone will show you how it can be done shortly, though personally I wouldn't bother.

Whilst the merits of using bands Vs screws can be argued I have found that in flight they hardly visible and the only thing that really matters is that good quality bands of the right size and quantity are used. I think 5" bands give a good tight fit on the Arising Star though I haven't mounted one of those wings for some time. First two in a cross pattern, 2nd two parallel, third two in the same crosss pattern.

I have a friend that once he could fly converted his to screw fixing and also did a little more to it:

image002.jpg

I've flown it many times before and after conversion and in both cases it's been a good flyer.

Ian

The rubber bands have 2 purposes.

1. To keep production cost down. It's very good value
  2. Should you have any wing over or mishap the wing moves on the bands rather than rip out fixing bolts through the fuselage.

They aren't very noticeable up in the air thoughlaugh

+1 for leave it as it is.

The wing is held on like that for a reason as others have said above yes at the end of the day it's a trainer and everyone that is in to modelling knows what it is and what they look like. Plus if it goes the same way as most other peoples trainers do once you start practising low level inverted fly pasts etc it'll look a whole lot different (ie bag of firewood wink)

baz