2nd hand selling

ben goodfellow  1

Advert

Good question Ben, but there are surely so many variables such as age , condition , usage amount etc that a simple percentage probably isnt going to give you a figure.

I regularly scan the classifieds and EBay and one thing that does seem to happen a lot is over pricing of used equipment,

I would say ask yourself what you would be prepared to pay for the items ? Advertise it for a bit more and be prepared to accept offers.

EBay buy it now or make an offer is good for this if you want to go that way.

Edited By Justin K. on 07/11/2014 17:06:28

I gave up restoring and selling especially on eBay as people seem to want something for nothing a lot if the time.

i had 2 planes on eBay and someone came to look at them, went away and text me offering me less than half for them. 😡

thats just one instance.

so I'd had enough, I had a chap coming up to Salisbury all the way from Devon for a plane I had sold him and I threw in a bipe for a small price, and gave him everything else I had intended to sell for free.

i figured if he was enthusiastic enough to travel that far he deserved them! Not the other time wasters I had come across!

Its such an unpredictable market.

Any item is only worth what the buyer decides to spend. There's no 'book' price on secondhand gubbins.

I put my stuff on eBay (without reserve usually) and it goes to the highest bidder. No haggling, no quibbling.

My view is that if an item fetches, say, £5, that that's a fiver more than it would have earned stuck in a drawer somewhere!

tim

Hi Ben ,here's my contribution to this tricky subject . Worldwide retailers and sales are the same (read: generally incorrect) ability to sell new or used items depends on the demand of the same, so it is very difficult to talk about fair play and positive attitudes in this situation ..... unfortunately.
And not so long ago (1945-1968) in the former Yugoslavia, it was almost impossible to buy a car if you did not belong to the politically correct society.
Many of these privileged people were selling used cars at prices of new !
Believe it or not, ordinary customers(people) were happy and '' proud '' that have such a possibility, because the other did not exist.sad
I was thinking , that the formation of the free market, a situation in buying positively will improve, but it was one of my 'famous' delusion...face 11

Jo