Taking the FPV plunge...

It's on the page here, SC. Items can be returned to any of the regional warehouses once you've waded through the RMA procedure.

Having said that, I suspect things are creaking under the website changes at present. I went through the none-too-simple RMA procedure for two incorrect items from the EU warehouse back on 2/12 and they haven't moved beyond the 'Awaiting initial evaluation' stage yet....face 22

Pete

FatShark work closely with ImmersionRC, so I purchased their circular polarised 'cloverleaf' antennae.
I like the fact that they are somewhat protected against the odd knock and hopefully been subjected to highter QC, post manufacture (in comparison to what I've seen on eBay). Details here

I also picked up a pair of these 90 degree SMA connectors too, to save having to bend the anntenna wire into a vertical position.

You can pick up a lot of FPV related info watching FliteTest, Team Black Sheep and David Windestål on YouTube. They have been into this area of the hobby for a relatively long time now.

Edited By Allan Bowker on 08/12/2014 11:36:46

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 02/12/2014 09:52:35:

Hello Allan , Please tell me why only minus lens(myopia) in the box. I use for reading +2 lens(farsighted), so I wonder if can I put a plus lens on the Fatshark?

Thanks in advance

Jo

I have Fatshark predators, dominators V2 and dominators HD

I find it much clearer if I take the glass out of a cheap pair of +2 glasses and tape them inside the goggles.

I don't seem to need them with the Dominator HD's for some strange reason, but on the others its much better for me at least.

• 4 months later...
I have the opportunity to have an extended break in France. Luckily for me there will be room for the odd model and my fpv goggles. I am also going to invest in another video tx with a bit more power, 600mw,and have been looking at other than immersion rc tx. I have seen a Boscam Fx718-6 but I don't know if it will work with my Fat Shark Dominator goggles. Your thoughts please.

AFAIK, SC, FPV is a lot more heavily regulated than in the UK. Video Tx power is limited to 25mW, so that may present a problem. in addition, from what i can find, you must have a dual-control setup when flying FPV - an observer standing by you is not enough.

I haven't done it and know no-one who has, so it may be worth Googling for a bit more info...

Pete

I recently bought one of the Hobbyking Quanum kits as referred to by others above. I've installed the camera and video transmitter in a Dynam Hawksky, a powered glider a bit like the Bixler. It has been flown a couple of times, so far only using the FPV as a spectator. Seems pretty usable to me, and excellent for the money. I'm waiting until I have a second (control) transmitter available before I try controlling it while on FPV. I want to have the observer as another pilot with a buddy box so he can take over if I get a bit lost, at least for the first few flights. The range seems to be about what they claim.

I did have one minor problem to start with, there was a bad solder joint on the lead for the video receiver, which caused it to intermittently stop working. Found that before it went in the air.

John