Anyone recognize this model?

Mike Etheridge 1

001.jpg

002.jpg

I was given this plane by a club member last night as he knew that I had some small glow engines and did not mind 3 channel operation. However neither of us have a clue who manufactured the kit and I would ask if anyone can enlighten us?

The fuselage seems to be made of light / lite ply and would appear to be preformed and includes a hinged door?. I am not sure about the wing structure but it has been constructed nicely and is bolted to the fuselage with the addition of the wing struts. The engine compartment is small and would take an engine like an OS 10 ? There has no provision been made for the radio installation such as snake tubes and servo tray.

Any ideas?

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 02/12/2014 14:40:10

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 02/12/2014 14:51:10

I have tried my OS 10 in the plane and the bearer spacing is OK but only a pair of the existing mounting holes line up on the engine mounting lugs and the ply cowling top would need a lot of cutting to accommodate the engine's exhaust and fuel needle assembly.

I have not heard of Ray Malmstrom, but it would appear that the constructor had anticipated using push rods of some kind threaded through the tubular fuselage. If so the mini-servos required would probably need to be fitted at the top of the cockpit with the flight battery and receiver fixed to the bottom of the cockpit.

Bert,

I think a Mills 0.75 would be a bit small for the plane which is about the same size as my old Matador. A Mills 1.3 might do the trick if only I had one, and I wonder if they run quieter than 80 db?. To avoid cutting up the cowling top perhaps a brush-less electric motor might provide the best solution?

Just looking again at the cowling top,the holes cut are for a front rotary engine and not a Mills side-valve type or a rear disc type.

001.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 02/12/2014 18:59:56