Dual ailerons on T8J with 6 channel receiver

gangster

Am I overlooking something here I am trying to set up a model with two aileron servos I am using an Futaba 8J with an r2006 6 channel receiver

My first attenpt was to use the aileron differential menu but it seems that the second aileron is " hard wired to channel 7 and this seems non negotiable, strange as just about everything else can be set up to users choice.

The only way I have made it work is using the flapperon menu with flaps set to 0% but that does not allow differential

Is it me?

Edited By gangster on 05/12/2014 12:12:43

Advert

Thanks Guys much appreciated As you say Reno racer it is in the manual and I had the ailerons set up fine when using the T6j but trying to use the 8J it seems to want to use channel 7 for the other servo

Having looked at your listing reno racer I think I can see where I have gone wrong I used the same % for both left and right on both ailerons a pretty dumb mistake really to be honest I suppose I did not expect that menu to give me differential The other difference between our set ups is that I have set the FLPs to 0% I suppose I could experiment with flapperons as well

Just to clarify John, when you say you got the ail diff menu to work do you mean on channels one and 6 or 1 and 7 It worked for me fine with an 8 ch rx (1&7)

Thanks for your help guys, I will go and try it on the model now

Cheers Gordon

To set up with AIL-DIFF first you have to deactivate flaperon so that ail-diff or elevon can be activated.If you need ailerons to also operate as flaps then you need flaperon but if only needing some aileron differential then the AIL-DIFF is the easiest choice to set up.As i understand it with an 8 channel rx you can use ch's 6 or 7 for the second servo,if you have separate flaps then use ch 7 for aileron leaving 6 free for the flaps. With 6ch rx 6 is the only choice for left aileron.The main thing is you can only have one of the functions[FLAPERON AIL-DIFF OR ELEVON] active at any one time,other settings have to be off. I think if you activate AIL-DIFF with your 8ch rx then left ail is on ch 7 but actvate flaperon function it will work on ch6.Try FAQ at www.futaba rc.com Hope this helps John.

Not sure specifically with the T8J but Futaba transmitters that I've set up have had an option in "Parameters" to select the second aileron channel to be used - slightly confusingly the options are "5&6" or "6 or 7" which I think relates to your choice of receiver, but a little experimentation may cast some more light on your difficulties.