BMFA Electric Indoor Masters 2015

Not long now until the next BMFA Electric Indoor Masters. This event is growing in popularity every year and after the very successful move to a new venue for 2014 will once again be held at the Metrodome Arena in Barnsley.

**LINK**

Over the weekend of 7th & 8th Februray we will once again have the best indoor aerobatic pilots from the UK and around the world competing in F3P indoor aerobatics, Aeromusical, freestyle, team freestyle and indoor pylon racing events, the competition is fierce but it is conducted with a great spirit of friendship and fun.

It is well worth the £5 entry fee. (adults)

Refreshments are available and there will also be a raffle on both days. Plenty of free parking at the venue too.

Further details at **LINK**

Andy Symons

Event Co-ordinator

Advert

• 1 month later...

Just returned from an afternoon out at the Electric Indoor event.

Have never seen this discipline in the flesh so was interested to take a look.

Seeing a model reverse vertically upwards was an eye openerteeth 2

The two Dutch guys who flew a syncro routine to music were amazing.

Well worth the drive across from Stockport and well done to the organisers.

We have returned from a day spent as the Electric Indoor Masters Competition in Barnsley's Metrodome today.

Great flying. Great entertainment. A certain amount of silliness. (He's only 10 you know. You had to be there!)

Many thanks to all the competitors, sponsors, and especially, the organisers.

Plummet

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 08/02/2015 20:36:36

Sorry to be the one to give negative feedback but I and three friends attended on the Saturday this year and, having visited this event every year since it first started, have to to say it was the least enjoyable. My overall feeling was it has become more of a competitor driven event and less of a spectator spectacle.

I'm the first to acknowledge the sheer brilliance of the skilled pilots, and once again, the Dutch guys were still the ones to beat, but heat after heat of the same schedule eventually became monotonous from a pure spectators' view. In previous years there seemed to be more variety and fun to keep the audience entertained. Even the raffle wasn't up to the standard of previous years - yes I know we are going through tough economic times.

All things considered, I'll be thinking hard before setting out to another EIM.