Quad Flying

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

Hi all!

I've just literally wandered onto your good forum, and decided to join up. I find this thread particularly interesting, since my main preoccupation in the hobby world is that of multirotors & especially flying fpv.

I am in my fifties, and spent my youth largly building model aircraft, of all descriptions, inspired by my late father Bill, who mainly indulged in free flight scale, but later had some success with Futaba radio.

I got back into building and flying about 4 or 5 years ago, thanks largely to the internet, and possibly the fact that i must have modelling built into my DNA, unless of course it's been modified by all the glue i must have inadvertantly sniffed back in the day! I love my multirotors, can't explain exactly why, can you explain exactly why you love your aircraft? Anyhow, i was intreaged by fpv after i was first made aware of it, probably from a vid on youtube (actually it was probably footage from a heli, plus David Rcexplorer.se's epic flight over Niagra).

So, there it is really, i'm hopelessly hooked, but i also have an ASW 25 glider, a Gaui 425 heli, plus my latest quad, a 250 called 'The Wasp' which i designed and lasercut myself. It flies superbly, and it's speed and flight characteristics have given this hobby a new lease of life!

Look forward to saying hi to you all, bfn

Andy

Ps, my website/blog: http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/01/2015 09:15:20

Ah, ok, it looks like you only get a couple of shots at editing, then it's locked for good? Never mind! I wanted to move the hyperlink that the tablet clumsily dropped in front of my salutation, (stalwartly refusing to allow me to move) and add a couple more points, but hey-ho.

Is tinkering around with multirotors aeromodelling? Well, it's not really something I ask myself too often, I have no need. For me, I can do both, and why should one preclude the other? It's totally up to you, and a question that can only really be answered by each individual that tries building & flying these things.

Give it a try sometime!

Hi FBW

welcome to Modelflying - all flyers are welcome here - whatever they fly.

I've tidied up the post above a bit for you. For most members the edit feature is only accessible for a certain time period after posting, but moderators can edit at any time!

Anyway - back to business. I totally agree with you. What we classify it as doesn't really matter - what matters is does it interest you, do you enjoy doing it?

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 24/12/2014 15:22:59:

Here we go - brand new from HK - collective pitch and all. It was only a matter of time. That should put the 3D cats amongst the aerobatic pigeons!

BEB

Anybody know how the yaw control works as all props are turning at the same speed, does putting more pitch on opposite corners (i.e. the ones turning in the same direction) induce yaw. Looks interesting but also looks like it will cost as much as a conventional heli to repair after one of my arrivals blush

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 14/01/2015 09:44:02