Alan Barnes

ken anderson.

Proof that although most news on tv etc. is horribly depressing, from an act of pure evil comes an act of kindness from so many. I hope the pond life who tried to rob Alan has kept track of the story, his brainless violence has inadvertently given Alan chance of a better life. Wish they all had happy endings. All the very best wishes to Alan and a speedy recovery from his fright.

Advert

I wonder if we could get Alan into Aeromodelling - the hobby needs a boost! I'm sure it will really enhance his quality of life and I couldn't be more pleased for him.

I really can't belive the story - or perhaps I can, bad news travels fast and hits the headlines. But stories like this really rise above it all.

Following with interest -I don't have to read the news, just wait for our Ken's updates!!

• 1 month later...

I don't like the idea of a bunch of criminal meting out their version of justice on our behalf but can't say that I'm unhappy that Gatiss's stay in prison is going to be an extremely unpleasant experience for him.

A couple of quotes from the BBC report :

While on remand, Gatiss was kept in segregation for his own safety.
And :
On the prison bus to court Gatiss had been "the subject of some pretty awful double-standard behaviour" from other inmates, Mr Adams (defence soliciter) said.

Full report BBC here.

three cheers for justice...just been on our local news -the lad(gatiss) has personal issue's and addicted to legal high's ...all credit to Alan barne's who said that the sentence wasn't to short or too long and hopefully would give him(gatiss)time to reflect on what he had done...

ken Anderson...ne...1 justice dept.

Posted by PatMc on 02/04/2015 16:39:19:

I don't like the idea of a bunch of criminal meting out their version of justice on our behalf but can't say that I'm unhappy that Gatiss's stay in prison is going to be an extremely unpleasant experience for him.

A couple of quotes from the BBC report :

While on remand, Gatiss was kept in segregation for his own safety.
And :
On the prison bus to court Gatiss had been "the subject of some pretty awful double-standard behaviour" from other inmates, Mr Adams (defence soliciter) said.

Full report BBC here.

Its a VERY common thing Pat, the criminal fraternity has its own pecking order of whats acceptable and whats not, those inside for what the bulk of the inmates deem unacceptable are almost always are placed under Rule 43 and segregated for thier own saftey