Pusher prop required

Spice Cat

Good day, well it's raining, I have just finished repairing my Go Discover a second time after the prop was thrown again. I have now put a fixed prop on there and as it's a rear facing prop, do I need a pusher prop or will a normal electric suffice turned the correct way round??
Regards.

Advert

Had to look up a Go Discover, an FPV pusher wing.

Did you originally use a folding prop ?, as I know from my experience with a folder at the rear a blade must not be allowed to fold 'past centre', i.e. one blade drop past the centre line, otherwise it can stay there instead of being thrown out by centrifugal force, and all hell breaks lose on throttle up.

I had to add a shaped washer under the nut to keep the blades in line when folded.

Posted by Wingman on 13/02/2015 16:15:05:

A normal prop will be fine as long as it's fitted with the writing on the prop facing the direction of travelwink

I was advised, correctly, that not all props have that. Once in a while you will come across props that have the writing on the back and many toy ones have nothing at all.

Spice Cat, just think of a propeller as a pair of wings. they have an airfoil and the thicker edge, leading, must, obviously, pass through the air before the thin trailing edge.

My Bixler did actually have a pusher prop with a knurled face on the prop hub towards the adapter/motor.