channel 6 and 1.

J.N.

I have a Futaba 6 channel 6EXA 35MHz. and having difficulty in equalizing the wing aileron movement, driven by a single servo in a model I am building. An easy solution would be to fit an aileron servo for each wing half.

In two recent articles in the RCM&E I have read that by fitting two servoes, one driven by channel 1 and the other driven by channel 6 will allow me to individually set each servo independent of the other.
My instruction book for the 6EXA states that coupling channels 1 and 6 in the Flaperon mode will achieve the independent setting but servo travel will be reduced to 60% and 40%, I presume this has something to do with the Dual Rate Switch.

All I want to do is to be able to have normal aileron movement as per the building plan for straightforward leisure flying. Can someone please advice if the Flaperon mode on my set is the way to do it.

Thanks.

Hello J.N.

Yes, connect the right aileron to Ch 1 and the left to Ch 6.

Then make sure that both the flap setting FLPR, and the flap trim FLTR are set to zero %.

Scroll down to ELVN, and that should be just flashing three lines... That should now have connected the two aileron servos, which will allow independent setting up for each servo.

You should be able to get one servo to work OK - make sure the servo is centralised before putting the arm on. Maybe move the arm around or try another arm ( to get the splines right) Make sure the torque rod ends are the same height and the rake is the same on both sides. ( quite possibly one side is raked more than the other) Make sure all the trims are neutral too and nothing has been set in the TX which would affect movement in one direction.

Posted by simon barr on 16/02/2015 09:43:31:

Hello J.N.

Yes, connect the right aileron to Ch 1 and the left to Ch 6.

Then make sure that both the flap setting FLPR, and the flap trim FLTR are set to zero %.

Scroll down to ELVN, and that should be just flashing three lines... That should now have connected the two aileron servos, which will allow independent setting up for each servo.

Thanks. I needed to know which direction I was heading before I got around to twiddling with the computer thingie.