Zagi Bullet Tape Question

Advert

If its this one **LINK**

Then use a proper Foam glue of the contact type - UHU por (NOT ordinary UHU it will eat the foam) or Foam2Foam the other glue I use with Depron foam is spray carpet glue (but messy so spray it outside!)

Whatever glue you use TEST it on a sample piece of foam first!

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 18/02/2015 08:44:23

Mine's only covered with the supplied coloured parcel tape. I went with option 3 for a bit of extra strength but didn't bother with the bullet tape (which is also sold at builders merchants as crossweave tape) and, to date, mine has survived. And my zagi was glued together with epoxy.

Don't forget to apply tape from the trailing edge first.

Its a great model. Tough as old boots and fairly easy to fly. I found the quoted c of g position to be just right.

Ian

You basically make a "A" frame out of the fibre tape, top and bottom of the wing. Join the wing panels with epoxy, or a foaming polyurethane glue (Gorilla Glue). Cover in parcel tape or, if you want to do a proper job, in Profilm. If you're planning on adding any decent amount of power to a Zagi, a decent carbon spar, laid into the wing, is a very good idea.