Help with dynam meteor retracts please.

Hi, can anybody please give me some advice on the retracts for the Dynam Meteor v2(retracts) please. The situation is that it is a tricycle system but only one leg is going up and down(port side),nose wheel will not go up or down, though the steering left and right is working and the starboard side is not going up or down. They are connected by a triple 'Y' lead plugged into the 'gear' slot on the rx which is a Spektrum AR6210 and the TX is a Spektrum DX6i

Any help on how to rectify this problem will be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Mike

Don't know if this is any help or not, but my Son's Dynam FW190 had similar problems.

DX6i, with an AR610 receiver, fitted a ubec 6v 5a and altered the end points to 120% and 80% up and down if my memory is correct. Seems to work ok every time now!!

Regards

Ian

So,...we are making progress! Tried every thing that has been advised here so far, with no joy. On another forum across the pond it was suggested that the retracts on this model ( and one or two others from the same company) were temperature sensitive. Now, it's darn cold in the man cave so the Meteor was brought indoors for an hour or two to warm up.

The result is that they are now working....ish, but well enough. By this I mean that the two main body legs are deployed by the 'gear' switch, but the only way I have found to make the nose wheel deploy is to assign it to the flap switch.

to raise the gear....ALL THREE LEGS COME UP BY FLICKING THE'GEAR' SWITCH!!!

I must state at this point that this is the first model I have had with retracts so all this might be normal, if it is not any more advice you can offer re operation of the retracts by just the 'gear' switch will be warmly welcomed!

Kind regards

Mike

• 5 months later...

I had a problem with my Meteor retracts which was due to the receiver (frsky) being set to High speed pulse rate (7.5ms). All servos on the plane worked fine except the retracts which were problematic. Returning the rx to normal speed 15ms cured all problems . I hadnt knowingly set the rx to high speed!

If the retract is duff you can get them off ebay / hobbyking cheaply

search for

Digital Servoless Retractable system

The meteor retract unit is 33x35 mm if memory serves

One other think that might help - can you run off a nominal 6 volts, rather than 5?

Retracts are generally built down to a price with minimal testing and if one of the units is a bit stiff then the over-current cut-off tends to operate if the voltage drops too low. I've had one set of electric retracts that were rated for 4.8-7+ volts but which refused to operate properly on anything less than 6 volts.