Air Dog

cymaz

Thanks Cymaz. In one sense it's exciting and in another it's ominous, isn't it? You can think of all of the good things this can be used for, but imagine other less well-intentioned activities that these things might make possible. The idea of having one that attaches itself to you like this is ingenious and as the ability to make them smaller and smaller goes on it takes it even further.

This whole drone subject for me changes concepts of flying models from being a fascinating and challenging exercise into simply being useful tools. From the flying point of view they don't interest me but if they help you to find a downed model in a field of oil-seed rape, then they are worth having. The price of one of the more basic camera/TV drones is more than covered by finding an expensive lost model. However, there are a lot of ominous possibilities opened up by these things and the sooner we have some realistic and practical regulation to control their sale and use beyond what's already in the A.N.O. the better for me. If I start to see one hovering over my head uninvited I might begin to get interested in making catapults. A shot-gun might be better but that, of course, brings out other issues!