Motor does not shut down

Erfolg

Phil

I have taken up your suggestion this evening, and inserted a servo into a "Y" lead.

The other part of the Y, I inserted my white and black lead extension onto the ESC. The "Y" lead being plugged into the Rx.

The problem is not cured, even though I now have another new motor connected to the model, together with a new ESC. I noted that the servo responded directly to throttle commands, yet the motor was erratic, in shutting down.

I then thought the one and only component that has not been swapped out is the short extension lead which is has the signal and negative lead. I then swapped this out for a modified "Y" lead which has the positive leads removed, used as an extension lead. Again erratic running.

I am now at a total loss, as what to do next.

I can only think to check I did switch the old ESC for the new one.

I am baffled, one side runs fine, the other not?indecision

I am now thinking what about the power supply, Could that be an issue?

Edited By Erfolg on 18/04/2015 20:54:15

That is very annoying Erfolg. 😫.

Have you tried getting the current reading of each connection in turn as it looks like a pinch point or bottleneck in the system ?

Ideally a couple of multimeters for each motor and work from there to try to narrow down to identify the problem.

It seems to me that the motor is not at fault but I am keen for you to solve the erratic running.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

It may seem that I have given up with this problem, that would not be correct. Unfortunately there have been other more important issues and events to deal with, which will continue for some time.

However that has not stopped me from thinking, particularly what I thought i observed. Then what the observations might indicate.

• When opening the throttle, the system appeared to operate as expected.
  • When the throttle was closed, the motor would continue to run briefly, before stopping
  • When the throttle was opened, the motor did not start, and the ESC would reset the timing then restart.
  • I am not certain, but i do suspect that the motor is running at a single speed, and is not flat out.
  • Observing the servo arm plugged into the "Y" lead indicated that the signal was driving the servo as expected, the movement being an approx 90 degree sweep, where the movement corresponded to the throttle movement.

I suspected that either the ESC throttle range was not correctly set, or that the ESC was programmed for something other than wanted.

On that basis I used my programming card to reset the ESC. I also went through the process of setting the throttle range, having re-read the instruction booklet.

Disappointingly, the system is still not responding as expected.

I am really at a loss, having changed both the motor and ESC. The one thing not changed is the UBEC.

I will check that the other side is operating as required, But does any one have an idea what the problem may be.

Edited By Erfolg on 27/04/2015 15:45:25