June 2015 issue feedback and some changes at RCM&E

Advert

rcme came today here in northern thailand (5/30/15, before came around 17th to 20th of month ) i think rcme for thailand is shipped from usa now? ( i ordered in uk web site ) yes i did complete survey. i buy rcme for my nephew, he loves to make rc planes. also buy flying scale models mag. ( about 5 to 7 days for fsm to get to thailand ) we are happy to get rcme ( can not find in thailand ) thank you ms nongnaphat

I'd say that the fact that a survey is being conducted indicates that someone is at least looking at the matter, Nick. Of course, if they don't get sufficient feedback to prompt a change, we've only ourselves to blame.....smile

Can't see why any delivery system should take more than a week longer to get to Spain than France, though...

Pete

I used to temp in a company packing medical journals and similar for posting out to subscribers (and extra advertising leaflets if the subscriber was really luckysmiley). The packing run was sorted and processed by country and then each countries copies were placed into a single box (pallet size box mostly). This box was then sent out by courier to a distribution company/central sorting office in each country who would then open the box and place them into the local postal system....

It could be that the distributers used by RCME pack more than one magazine and simply send these boxes out when full or are using an economy service for sending these boxes on (surface mail etc?).

Without input from RCME or their distributors it would be impossible to know for sure though.

Jon,

You've blown their secret. The overseas mailing has been handled by Air Business Ltd, for some time now. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Irish Postal Service and yes they do send the magazines to various destinations in bulk for mailing at local prices and the delivery dates are woeful. After many letters to Kate at subscriptions and the upper management at Air Services I managed to get my delivery time fairly close to when MyTime media did their own distribution via Royal Mail. So yes fill in the survey I think they are trying to resolve the problem. The real answer is don't hand your distribution services to the cheapest bidder

Paul.

Paul

Very interesting post. This suggests that RCM&E should have known about this if they had taken up late deliveries when we, the customers, reported their problems.

I too have dealt with Kate and found her helpful. Now that the delivery chain is known as having late deliveries can we now expect some action. How about going back to the old disributor and sacking the person who authorised the change? I know what I would do if it was my business! Do not forget that this sorry saga has been going on for over a year now

ps Still waiting for my June issue

Nick,

My first email re delivery problems was in April 2014. 68 emails to and fro, including to Graham and David and Adam Sherman, who manages Air Business to one of the execs at MyTime media and 20 to Kate Scott finally got results and I can tell you that Kate persisted with great patience and even sent duplicate copies posted on the same day by MyTime media via Royal Mail and Air Business to test the arrival time of each. No prize for guessing which arrived on time and which arrived some three weeks later.

So I really think they are trying hard to get it right, but it isn't simply as easy as sacking some errant person down the line. I'd say a contract was signed outsourcing the subscription department and they engaged Air Business Pty who aren't able, or don't want to fulfill delivery times for the contract price. MyTime media now find themselves with long time overseas subscribers who are fed up and some I know have attempted to cancel their subscriptions and they are in a bind with a probable long term contract. Not an easy situation for any company, but I'm sure they will achieve a result in the end and certainly Kate has solved the prolem for me.

Paul.

Paul

I am very pleased that you have got your problem solved.

So we have Kate at My Time Media in full knowledge that Air Business are failing to make timely deliveries. Surely "timely deliveries" must be a part of their contract?

If so then they are consistently breaking their contract. As people reply to Kate´s survey then she should be able to make a case for cancelling the contract and taking civil action against Air Business?

Do you know why Air Business was given the contract in the first place?

I would also like to contact Kate direct to thank her for her help, but cannot get directly to her and get an automatic reply from MTM.

Nick

It's all very frustrating. I received my May issue yesterday without my address. Just the town! It turned up at my neighbours place.

Still no sign of the June issue although my flying mate received his a week ago. Ah well, patience required I suppose.

Cheers Graeme

Hi Gents!

I have kindly been forwarded a link to this post and wanted to let you know that I am working to try and get a resolution for you. I am sorry that I haven't been able to fix this sooner, but I am on the case and hope that we can get to the bottom of it all in the next few months (I'm afraid realistically it will take that long as we are also moving subscription bureau at the moment and there's only 3 of us in house looking after 14 magazines!).

If you can please spread the word to anyone else you know that has not completed the survey yet it would be very much appreciated. The more evidence I have the better the case I can make.

I am going to be away for the next few days (visiting my mum) but I will check back in as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Best wishes,

Kate

Finally arrived today, 5th June, in Spain (Barcelona).

For sure taking far too long, compared to a coventional mail service and we pay a (small) premium for the delivery, so will enter my view on the subscriber´s questionnaire for candid feedback. However, always worth the wait. My link to the UK aeromodelling world! No other magazine comes close in depth and quality of read.

Julian

Today, 11th June 2015 would like to thank the RCM&E team responsible for European subscribers for delivering my pre-paid June issue. Tomorrow the July issue goes out for sale and lucky UK subscribers have already gone through its pages.

Last Friday I placed an order from a UK model shop and received the goods on my door step Monday morning and another order from another well known UK model shop dispatched the order on Monday and received yesterday, Wednesday morning.

I'm just comparing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks