centering servo horns

Stephen Owen 2

hi guys I am a newbie in rc models. I have a 400 size heli i have built but cannot seem to centre the servo horns every time i think i have it, switch everything off . the heli then repositions the neutral points when i swith everthing back on again. Also cannot seem to set pitch on props one prop deosnt seem to rotate correctly when tx asks for more pitch. can anyone help please.

Stephen, what RC set are you using, also are you using a flybarless controller (or a Spectrum combined Rx/controller), then it is controlling the servos.

Also have you selected the correct servo configuration on the transmitter for you heli, i.e. does the swashplate have 3 servo spaced at 120 deg etc (note if you are using a flybarless controller the Tx should be set to standard and the swashplate configuration set in the controller)

Hi John I am using an Esky ET6i tx which has no computer interface therefore I have to manually set up heli but am having difficulty on my own as I am not sure how the perfect set up should be. the servo horns are very nearly at 90 degrees but cannot get true 90 as linkages seem off set some how but set up to manuals specifications checked and double checked with a vernier caliper. swash plate is a 90 degree unit. Frank if i had the money I would have a spectrum unfortunately that is not an option at the moment

Hi Frank yes it is. John I have built an interceptor 400. the servos are two different types two are Hi tech 55 and I have forgotten the other two however they are metal gears. the ESC is a 40amp skywalker, the motor is a 3500kv 330 out runner with 13 tooth pinion. the main gear is 138 tooth. the gyro is acer-lab G100. Power is supplied by 2200mah 15c 3 cell lipo I have also installed an alien command thermal stabalisation unit. Thanks Frank, thanks John the more help I get the better. Its been a long time since I did any electrical mechanical engineering until very recently so feel a little out of depth here although the chap in the model shop said that all seemed ok as he had owned and flown a couple of heli's but pure experience is hard to come by.