Downloading of Malcolm Holt's Futaba 14SG book

Adrian Smith 1

ATL is the default setting on the Throttle and Motor Functions. It allows the trim lever to adjust one end of the travel without affecting the other. In Normal mode it allows adjustment of the low speed without affecting the top end. Traditionally this would have been used to adjust the tick-over speed on an I/C motor without either reducing the top speed or stalling the servo by trying to drive it too far. In your case you want to be able to adjust the top speed while leaving the throttle off position (low speed) unaffected. Accordingly you need to use reversed ATL.

You have not described how you have programmed your motors so I assume that you have assigned the Motor Function to one and an Auxiliary to the other. Go to the Function Menu and scroll to Motor Trim. Tap RTN. The H/W Select screen will open so assign whichever slider you wish to use (or you could just use the trim T3). On the right-hand side of the screen the Mode should already be set to ATL but, if it says Normal, then change it to ATL. Below that you should see ATL Normal. Scroll to Normal, tap RTN and change it to Reverse.

Check the servo monitor and you will see that the throttle stick works normally at the low setting but that its travel can be adjusted by the slider/trim at the top end.

• 2 months later...

Well hear i go again, new model just finished, yep great, all looks fine until I find that I have both ailerons moving in the same direction angryface 14, angryis there a way to program the tx to reverse one on the aileron servo, without adding a electronic servo reverser, the model is rather small and another bit of electronic box/board, will be rather messy

Any help guys????????????????????????????????????

Barry

Edited By A.A. Barry on 20/01/2016 12:22:41

• 1 year later...

In my opinion, Malcolm's book is a mandatory purchase for anyone who buys a 14SG. The Futaba manual tells you in nit picking detail how to adjust each parameter on every screen without giving any indication of what the effect of the changes is or why you might want to use them. Some things are obvious, of course, but I spent a lot of time head scratching and trial and error fiddling before getting the book. The neutral point setting was one item that puzzled me for ages.

Judging from this thread. Malcolm should also be subsidised by the Amazon helpline management; he seems to be doing quite a bit of their work for them smiley

I'm glad you find the book helpful, Robert. Your experience of the Futaba manual mirrors mine exactly. Indeed, the book originally grew out of a set of notes I wrote for myself while painstakingly working through every menu and, by a process of trial and error, observing the effect of altering every parameter.

I do have to plead guilty to a little self-interest when advising people on how to access Kindle books. If their questions go unanswered they are less likely to buy my book.

As far as Amazon subsidizing me is concerned I have to admire your sense of humour. Would you believe that, in addition to their not insignificant publishing fee, they even charge me 43 pence to deliver your book. Yes, it's an e-book! I don't think that dispensing largesse figures highly in their business plan.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I hope Malcolm is still checking this thread out, I have lost two planes down to throttle cut.

I fly ic and when throttle cut is switched in I found out that the throttle stick is disabled, I use the cut in conjunction with idle down so when both are applied the engine stops. One switch for idle down and another for cut.

Is it possible to set the throttle cut so that the throttle control isn't disabled? I've not had this problem before on ff8, 9 and 10.

Incidentally the switch was applied accidentally in both instances.

Also I can't get throttle cut to work when the throttle control is reversed, is there a fix for this?

Edited By Braddock, VC on 06/06/2020 07:42:29

Edited By Braddock, VC on 06/06/2020 07:43:53