Downloading of Malcolm Holt's Futaba 14SG book

Adrian Smith 1

I decided to acquire Malcom's excellent book on the Futaba 14SG by downloading the Kindle App from Amazon so I could buy and read the book. So far so good. I can access the book now on the Kindle Cloud reader app but I have to sign in every time using my Amazon password which is bit of a pain. I can't see how I can read it off line as there didn't seem to be an obvious route to put it on my Mac's hard drive. So at the moment I can only read it online. Is there a way to read it offline?

Hello Adrian,

I am not an expert on Macs but you should be able to download the book to read anywhere and without logging in. I suspect that there might be a clue in the word Cloud. I think you need the standard Kindle for Mac App rather than the Cloud Reader App. Try searching for Kindle App for Mac. If you cannot sort it out easily please PM me and I will investigate further.

Malcolm

Adrian, Malcom is right, Amazon have a Kindle App for the Mac, you can find it in the App Store here. It remembers your password and stores the books you choose on your Macs HD. Just click the little download icon in the bottom corner of the books cover icon once you load the app.

I use this regularly for reading of books offline, there is also a nice iPad & iPhone app if you have those devices.

HI all

All this is beyond me .

I had the wife down load Malcom's guide(very very good) .

Then I got her to print off the fixed wing appropriate pages .

I'm the type that needs a hard copy so I can paper clip appropriate sections together when setting up for easy reference .

Yes , I know I'm a bit of a dinosaur but it works for me .

Hi Adrian

I have a confession to make .

I did ask the good lady to do what I said previously and let her get on with it .

Little did I know but she could not find a way to do it .

She had in fact ,so I had found out today , scanned each page I had made a note of directly from her Kindle ! ! ! , adjusted for size , and printed them off individually .

Now that's what I call love .

Again my apologies .

• 2 months later...

Thank goodness for Malcom Holt and his publication.

I'm aware that the following is not to do with possible Futaba aerial problems but to save opening another thread:-

I nearly lost a glider once due to the touch sensitive programming feature ('Sensor Touch' of the 14SG. On launch the system was locked but after about half an hour I completely lost control of the aircraft. By absolute sheer luck the plane landed perfectly with no damage. However when I looked at the tx I found that it had entered model programming mode and thus there was no control of the glider. My hand must have brushed the 'Sensor Touch' control and unlocked the tx and then a further touch sent it into program mode.

I know of one other user also has had this problem. Apart from masking the control centre I can't think of a way to prevent this happening again.

I don't know why that blooming emoticon keeps appearing. I've tried to get rid of it but it won't go away!!

Edited By Barrie Dav 2 on 05/08/2015 08:05:35

Edited By Barrie Dav 2 on 05/08/2015 08:07:35

If you go to Auto Lock in System Menu and set the lock timer to 1 second you should be pretty safe. If you unlock the sensor accidentally it will re-lock itself automatically after one second. While this is not a foolproof solution you would be very unlucky indeed if you managed to access one of the other menus accidentally in such a short space of time.

Naturally you will need to turn this off when you want to do any programming or it will drive you mad. There are also implications for viewing the telemetry screens. These are explained in the "Sensor Lock" section of my programming guide.

Glad you find the book helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Presumably you receive that message when you attempt to use Amazon.uk? Have you tried buying from one of the other Amazon sites such as Amazon.com?

I imagine there will be restrictions depending on where your credit card is registered because of different taxation levels. For example, the introduction of VAT on e-books led to the recent price rises on the .UK site. There are also countries in which Amazon does not trade or possibly is not welcome.

I have e-mailed Amazon Kindle support and will post their response here.

Below is the relevant section of the reply I received from Amazon. I am not entirely clear what the final paragraph means. It appears to say that you can buy the book from Amazon.com but then apologises for any disappointment which suggests that this is not possible in Turkey. I can only suggest that you attempt to buy it from Amazon.com and contact them yourself if you are not successful. Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to purchase Kindle contents from Turkey in Amazon.co.uk website. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please be informed that, Kindle content supplied from Amazon.co.uk is only available to customers located in the United Kingdom, Jersey, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Ireland and Gibraltar. Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite 3G are also available to customers living in Portugal.

Customers residing outside the United Kingdom can shop for and download Kindle content from our partner sites Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.it, Amazon.es, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.cn, Amazon.com.br, Amazon.com.mx, Amazon.com.au and Amazon.ca if applicable.

However, the residing place is Turkey will be able to shop and download Kindle contents from Amazon.com. Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment caused
”.

Hi Malcolm thank you for the effort. Amazon.com does not have your book i guess. It does not appear in searches. Funny thing is i tried to buy the transmitter itself. It is possible i kept going until my credit card information. Thanks again for your help.

Good morning.
Thank you for the link. I tried the link. it says "we cannot find any matches for your search" I tried to buy another kindle book to see if i can infact buy books it works. I guess your book is published in some countries.
Maybe your deal with Amazon is like this.