Hi Chris! I've no experience of any gliders, I'm just making recommendations from what I know as tried and tested, so I'm in no position to comment on the easystar. The Graupner Electro UHU is very similar (There was a reveiw last year of it in RCM&E) or you may want to try the Multiplex Easyglider or the Pro version(that isn't suppposed to put you off - its just the new version). The advantages of an electric glider are that you don't need a slope (lots of those in scotland!) and can glide back down after climbing under power. With a pure glider you need a slope or thermal or some form of lift, enless you can get something to tow it up. All the best birdy

Multiplex Easyglider  looks good but its made out of foam so i don't know how much of a beating it will take?

easystar. has the same problems

also is there optional power pods for gliders??

thanks for the suggestions birdy 

Chris...can I suggest that you allow a little time for folks to reply to your postings before posting the next question.

Yes the easyglider is "foam" but very durable, Elapor actually. The model is not adaptable to power with a pod system, you choose which flavour you want and buy accordingly, IE: electric version, or non powererd version.

Try a google for the answer to some of your questions, this link here took just 5 seconds to find for example.

sorry

and i never though of googleing my questions

well i have and there is one question i really need answering has the easy glider use alerions??

i looked it up on the net and it looked like it did have alerions heres the link   easyglider

beacuse if it does i can't fly it ive only ever flown a rudder elivator glider taht was made out of balsa.

ill look on google for some gliders if you have any ideas??

that are under £80 and are rudder and elivator only with a simple design which is basic to put together so all i have to do is glue and screw and i want the it to just be the fusalage and wings you know with no hardware included

if you can fly a rudder elevator plane to a reasonable standard you won't have trouble with ailerons. I actually think R/E is harder to fly than aileron/elevator/rudder. 

I'm late to this thread, but have the SAS range of planes been accepted.  R/E is okay, but most planes of this type will be floaters, thus they won't be good in a wide range of winds.  Or they will require build and/or cost more than £80. 

R/E is rudder and elevator. I.e a plane that only has a rudder and an elevator for controls.  There aren't many planes like that aren't designed for flying in light winds.  Some of the designs from "back in the day" had only R/E. but you can't get them and even if you could it would mean a lot of building.

SAS make EPP flying wings.  http://www.freewebs.com/sasepp/

Good planes to learn on. Very tough, being made of EPP foam.