Chris...the SAS stuff is about as simple as it can get - as stated you need to have a little bit of skill, but if your Dad is around and you can both read and follow simple instructions, then you will be fine

Alan Head ( who runs SAS ) is always very helpful and will talk you through any snags over the 'phone. My wife built ours in one day in a caravan on one wet day, and we were flying it that evening. It has been crashed into other models, big hard rocks, gorse bushes and so on and never needed a single repair to date.

Ring Alan Head and chat with him. His number is published on his website so no problem in posting it here

(01273) 494140

website

Hi chris,

I know Kinlochbervie, and its a great place for a glider. I think that David's suggestion re. the multiplex easyglider is a good one. Re insurance, maybe you should contact the Scottish version of the BMFA. The Scottish Aeromodellers Association (SAA) The trusty Google will find them. Personally, I'd go for a powered glider, so as to avoid the problems to do with flying from a slope ( like having to go to the bottom if you get it wrong). Also, don't  worry about ailrons. Its probably easier with them.

One big question..Who is going to teach you to fly? It is very dfficult (but not impossible) to learn yourself.

On this, I think I'll start a new thread on learning without an instructor

don't give up, it's great fun

ps just for this thread, I've double checked my spelling

ernie

so have you flown in kinlochbervie or just visted?

i can learn from my dad he flys eletric but still?

also i don't mind runing to the bottem of the slope beacuse when i have flown with the school i got hit in the eye with the one i made iam fine now but it put me of landing to close to my self. 

Don't be afraid of ailerons, if anything its easier to fly with them then it is with rudder elevator only. You will have to ring SAS to order one of their models, but its well worth the wait they are great. I have a Venom, it will fly in just about any wind conditions though its not really a trainer, it is very hard to break. Building is straight forward, fit the carbon fiber rods in the holes provided, glue the wing sections together (glue provided), cover the wing with the sticky reinforcing tape provided and cover the whole thing in the plastic cloured tape (you guessed it) provided. Needs 2 servos and a computer radio with elevon mixing. Price around £60.

Ernie don't say that! I spent over a year reserching my trainer, and saving up! People our age don't have an income, and people seem to like giving you their spare coppers if you do a job for them! I would almost say you were encouraging Chris to squander his money, but your not, so I can't... Moving on (and hopefully not looking back) I just had a thought which is that you may want to look for something suitable second hand, since it'll be cheaper and pre-built.

GREAT!!!!!!! idea but where do i look?

anyone know any good sites

or maybe buy a second hand epp sas kit unbuilt would be the answer

ill not be on for a while so don't worrie if i don't answer ill be back sunday15th or monday the 16th

Well there's the classifeilds on this sight... Fraid I'me not really the person to ask, but I will say be careful, especcially with ebay and co. - and don't buy it if there are more then one with the same pic, but it clames to be second hand... Nice new picture thingy next to your name too...

Awwww darn i missed it

and the pic next to my name is from timbos gallerie

also could anyone let me know if anyone is selling an sas epp glider and ill keep seching the net if you come across any good sights i might like to look at just post em here please thanks 

Chris - with respect mate, you have already asked this on other threads, several people have already recommended this model to you - including myself, pointing out its assets. As a first glider ( sloper only of course) it is ideal, being very tough. As for your link...thats the ONLY place to buy these from new, as he is the designer, and creator of the SAS models, full stop.