Where's the Vulcan?

Phil Brooks

Does anyone know what's happening with the restoration of Vulcan 558? There was much hype last year after funds were apparently found to complete the restoration, and the promise was that she'd be flying again this April, in time for the 25th anniversary of the Falklands raid. I've recently tried to access the restoration society website, www.vulcantotheskies.com, and drawn a total blank. Any information would be appreciated.

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the information re the Vulcan, fellers.  As we seem to have wandered a little off topic I think it's time for me to lose interest in this thread.  David, are you really posting messages to the forum at 06.30 on a Sunday morning?  Not sure whether my reaction is 'Quelle dedication' or 'Get a life'! 

Phil Brooks

• 3 months later...
Vulcan xh558 did her first public display at the Waddington Air Show on Saturday  5 July .Didnt fly on the Sunday because of a technical problem.She only just made it as the caa certificate was only granted on the Thursday and the public display license on the Friday so cut it very very fine. Thought she wasnt going to fly Saturday as the heavens opened in the morning and didnt stop while about 1.30.The weather gods must have been looking down because the clouds broke to leave clear blue skies.The sight and sound was unbelievable.My wife burst into tears.Everything stopped.Got some good video.  AWESOME.