Choosing A Prop For The Zlin

CJD

Advert

If it was me - 17 x 10 APC elec....should give 232 w/lb on the weight you gave.......but this is only a recommendation....... dont blame me blame ecalc.....with a 80+ESC....I have used a 420kv motor on 5s.......was a emax.....it fell apart...I now use 580kv from HK.....smiley

Posted by john stones 1 on 20/08/2015 21:48:38:

Is it this one CJD ?

If you look at the bottom of John's link you'll see some reviews that give working setups for this motor; check them on eCalc or a similar online calculator, but they should be a decent starting point. Personally at this size I would be going for a 6S packs rather than 5S because it is more efficient (higher voltage means reduced I2R losses). An additional benefit is that 3S packs of smaller capacity that you probably already have can be ganged together in series and parallel to power the beast at reduced outlay.

Edited By MattyB on 21/08/2015 00:46:00

More good suggestions on the Int'l warehouse listing for your motor - this sounds a well matched combo for a model such as yours, and should not push the motor too hard...

"Very happy with this motor. Mounted this one in a 3kg Extra 300s. Using a TGS 14x7E prop at WOT it pulls 41 amp peak with 3120g of static thrust. 986w using Turnigy 6S 5000 pack. Pulls vertical quite well. Only slightly warm after 9-10 min flight with 3.7v per cell left in the tank!"

Edited By MattyB on 21/08/2015 00:43:19