Advert

It was the only soft place to land when LiPo went flat. One can only circle for so long while cars are driving round the edge of the field. I'd rather land in the hawthorne bush than in the passenger seat of Chaz's new car.

No damage done though - I put a new battery in and it was flying again 5 minutes later. Extendable pole worked a treat - just needs something soft on the end for next time. Maybe a tennis ball or similar.

One of our members has the always popular "perch pole". A few years ago - well about 5 to be honest - I managed to stick one in a tree. We could see the model, we could reach it with the pole, but we couldn't free it from the tree's loving embrace!

My mate, who was on pole welding duty, said "what we need is something to sort of hook onto the model so we can pull it free". The pole had a small ring at the end,. so I thought "I know - we'll clip my neckstrap to the end of the pole and use that to sort of lasoo the model" Great idea!

So my mate with the pole has another go, he manages to loop the neckstrap around the model's tail, gives a good pull, and,.....yes, you guessed it the ring broke. So now I have my model and my neckstrap stuck up a tree!

Eventually, after much fiddling, we did get everything down - but only after the club's equivalent of Crocodile Dundee lobbed a a couple of hefty bits of wood at it and knocked it down!

BEB