Lidle and Aldi

Kelly

I think you have made the same observation as myself. I had thought it might just be me.

From what I have seen, all food is trucked in, where as Tesco, M&S fly some foods in.

With respect to the soldering gun, the issue I have is not overheating the solder (I use lead/tin). It can necessitate the BEB trigger pumping, a little distracting with the light going on and off like a disco.

I have remembered that I bought a digital multi-meter from Aldi.

With respect to tools , if I were using them day in day out, as a tradesman, I probably would look else where. Then again, Lipo power tools, need new batteries after about 2 years, and I have found that Screwfix budget driver/drill lasts that long. Then again a tradesman needs possibly 3 lipo batteries for each tool, so the total package has to be looked at.

Advert

Posted by Rentman on 14/08/2012 01:04:28:

Bought some Tronic NiMh batteries (2500mAh AA's) from Lidl just to see if they were any good. The price was right at £2.99 (i think) for a pack of 4. Worth a punt.

After 4 or 5 cycles they still only give me about 1000mAh. I intend to cycle them a few more times to see if they get better.

I tried some of those, too - performed badly at first and then got worse.........not sure they're worth the effort of trying to breath life into them, frankly.........sad

Pete

Posted by Hellcat on 13/08/2012 19:33:09:

How many hours a week do you all spend combing the shelves at these places? I've tried twice to do a food shop at Aldi and Lidl (they are opposite each other where I live), but failed miserably. They only have a fraction of the choice of the bigger supermarkets, and what there is looks like the staff have been playing football with it. They have no concept of the plants they sell needing water. At the same time that the nearby Tesco was packed out, I could count Aldi's customers on two hands. The only hardware I've found was worse than the stuff I've seen on model show tool stalls. Where am I going wrong???

In Feltham Hellcat?