Bambino free plan (Oct 2015 RCM&E)

Steve Porter 1

Thanks for the help , I need to buy a charger but not sure what to buy , needs to work on mains and 12v car , mark I noticed the same , it looks in the pictures that the metal rod is bent at the servo pushing both elevators at the same time , not sure though, has anyone built the plane and have some pictures please

Advert

Hi All, just test flown my version,flies great except for some very old 2 cell lipos not lasting very long.

my elevators are top hinged using the film covering but the 2 half are joined by a piece of 18swg wire bent into a square C shape this is let in to the top surface of the elevators so they are flush and a small grove is formed across the small section of wood in between the 2 half. the elevator is then connected to your servo using which ever method you chose, i used a thin piano wire pushrod running in a thin plastic tube with the ends and middle secured to stop the rod from flexing. Hope this helps let me know if not and i will try to put some photos on later.

Stevesmiley

Hello to all

I'm tempted to build the Bambino as my first electric Model, i like it's simplicity. there are some things tough that i would like to know about it's construction.

first is the undercarriage, how exactly is it mounted to the fuselage? (Please show photo's)

second, I'm concerned about the weight. being a very small model the 200g limit shown on the plan, it weights as my smart phone! which is amazing! i never build such a small model and I'm worried I'll wont be able to achieve that. should i look only to very soft balsa? anyone build it and came a little heavier?

Kind regards

Daniel

Posted by Steve Fisk on 22/10/2015 23:02:41:

I can't work out the under caridge, just buy the laser cut parts , for the money it's not worth your time cutting it out

well i already start cutting the parts, all i need now are two 1.6mm sheet balsa for the fuselage sides which i have in stock. the rest, formers, ribs, tail, spars etc all came free from scrap balsa. so as for the bare fuselage and wings it cost me nothing, only pure fun and enjoyment to scratch building. the real money cost for me are the motor batteries, esc, etc because it's my first electric model.

Btw I'm great full i read the thread from the beginning and knew about the corrected plan for the ribs and aft fuselage area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Indoor season is here and most of my fleet from last year is badly damaged .

And so i have decided the quickest way to get something ready is to build from a plan .

So i have decided to do this one, but i will be doing it in depron and hope to get the weight down to 100 Grams or less .

I have printed out the extra page but still the back end does not fit . No matter i will be changing it a little anyway.

As they say watch this space.

Steve.

• 1 year later...

Hello fellow forumers

I am after the complete full plan for the Bambino plane, I did have the full plane but my daughter inadvertently placed it in the recycling bag, can anyone direct me to where I can obtain it please? Can I order it through this site and if so where and how?

Thank you for your time, best regards

Mark