Action Man & Fun Cub

Devcon1

Advert

Agree, the Fun Cub always comes out ...

Action Man , although in truth he is HM Armed Forces, has been parachuting with the Cub and sadly I did drop him without one for the entertainment of a friends son for a laugh.

Last week I dropped two AMs together which looked great when they released. Only problem was the undercarriage sagged too much so had to be handlaunched .

I'll try and find a photo.

But today I think I did a first unless somebody knows otherwise... Pics coming up later when I work out how to rotate them first.

John

The Fulton surface-to-air recovery system.

Well, I had to try it with the seasoned Action Man.

So I replicated the earlier line on the ground system with a grappling hook......

2015-10-10 19.49.39.jpgnormal take off and grappling hook released in flight.

2015-10-10 19.34.53.jpg

AM ready for rescue.

20151010_140943-1-1.jpg

This shows the general set up with a loop of brick line raised off the ground with a trailing leg with some bungee to reduce the risk of dislocation.

I had 3 textbook Recovery's with one failed where the line didn't leave the post.

Very amusing for those at the field today with AM looking for his next adventure with the Fun Cub. Must fit a camera to the model next time

Any suggestion for his next mission.

Regards

John

D

Forgot a picture on the previous post.

The metal pin was part of the pick up line and was pulled out of the wooden supports when the grappling hook took hold by being angled forward and sitting in an  oversized hole.

20151010_122939.jpg

Edited By John Milne on 11/10/2015 00:11:03

Did they make a Wing Suite for the old Action man ? I'd give him a few gliding lessons across the patch !!! Talking about sagging undercarriages I replaced the wire on mine with the same gauge as the original stuff but better quality and it's been fine. That multiplex wire is pants. 

Edited By trebor on 11/10/2015 07:54:36

We are but boys and girls with toys....

I like the Skyhawk idea so have set to building one, I can mount it inverted above the wing and release whilst inverted.

Action Man was superior in my earlier years but lost it's way when they demilitarised them and HM Armed Forces took on the mantle. Sad but true I nearly have a full collection of HMAF BNIB but am still looking for a Fast Jet Pilot.

I'll post his next adventure soon.

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I found a volunteer, pieced him together from odds n sods off eBay. I might get him a fur coat as its getting cold now especially at high altitude and his shoulder straps are a bit loose. laugh Plus I need to make something to work as a release mechanism. I padded his helmet out with extra foam to prevent brain injury and made a new buckle as the plastic one was past it. yes

003.jpg