I've been bad!

winchweight

Well, after months of faffing about with 35mhz electric models, I've bitten the bullet and bought a DX7 and an AR7000. I got a special price because of my help at Weston Park, but didn't get (want) the digi servos.

I have just got it home and realised it's the helicopter version though. I doubt it's worth the petrol to change it over, so I will probably stick with it. I assume I can assign flaps etc to switches marked for heli functions, much like my FF9?

Any gotchas?

Advert

Shaun 

I found when I bought mine it was also the heli version.  I was not offered a choice at the time of purchase (mail order) and like you was a little put out at first.   In fact I have never seen the Aero version or seen it offered for sale.  Not sure if it is available in the UK, or even exists!  Good news is the functionality is the same for both versions only downside is the labeling of one or two switches with the heli function.  In practice I have not found this a problem at all.  Super product, works like magic, particularly with leccy models where all the problems go away, so just enjoy!

Regards

John Bennett 

Wha Hoo! I've just range check my troublesome FoamyJet hawk, and not a glitch or stutter!

The AR7000 seems excessive for it, so which rx would you recommend for that and a Ripmax Spit / BF109?

Also, if I'm not using digi servos, I am still ok with 4.8v 2200mah NiMh packs for my rx, aren't I?

Hi There

Could i ask for some advice as i see you are or were discussing 2.4ghz, never even thought about it till the other day when we were offered one second hand by someone who is giving up .

The question is,obviously we need to replace the receivers in the 4 models it will be used with but do i have to replace the servos aswell or can i use the existing servos,i apologise if this is a dumb question i cant see why they need to be changed but you never know.

thankyou for your time.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...