4 blade prop advise

Luke edmans

Advert

My advice would be not to bother. The size of prop you could swing would be pathetic and not give as much power as a 2 blade. I would use a 15x8 2 blade prop and go with that as you will get better performance, it will look better while running and will be cheaper.

Model engines (without gearing) do not have sufficent torque to swing scale props so dont even bother trying.

Hi Luke, unless I have missed something the FMS props are for smaller electric and not IC?

If you want a four blade prop for IC then I think Biel make a four blade prop, or you could look at Christian Ramoser's VarioProp, this is for my 1.20 sized Mustang, but electric.

or if you feel rich a Solo prop. However..... a 1.20 ic is not going to be able to turn a very large prop and in my eyes one that would work would look too small. To turn a large scale prop you need to use a reduction gearbox or go electric I am afraid.

Sorry if I have misunderstood your question?

Cheers

Danny

Luke

The other issue for any sort of scale prop is one of strength, particularly for a single cylinder 4 stroke which only fires every other stroke. The torque reversal on the prop blades is enormous.

The ultra smooth torque of electric is the reason a true scale prop can even be considered.

In competitions a scale static prop can be replaced with a 'flight' prop without incurring any scale penalty..