Dust extractor

trebor

Thanks, this looks good as well but very heavy and I don’t think my workshop roof will take it. But good input. I think I will have to refrain from building for several weeks and let the pills work, I am on a a 5 week course to clear my breathing plus a nebuliser. At the end of the day I may have to “focus” on ARTF models. This is the second episode in 12 months.

S

Advert

Hi Stuart,

I had the same problem about mounting on the ceiling. In the instructions it states that you can place it on a table or on the floor. mine is on a table near the workbench. I hope that this helps.

When sanding I use a dust mask as advised from here. www.dustmasksdirect.co.uk  

I phoned them and the guy asked me what materials, solvents,resins, wood etc I use. and advised accordingly.

Ended up with a dust filter plus a particulate add on filter (PR2) for toxic dust, fumes etc  when I'm epoxy laminating etc. Really helpful, well worth a look.

I would recommend anyone who creates balsa dust etc to protect their airways.

Hope that this is useful

G

Edited By Graham R on 29/12/2019 20:29:49

• 8 months later...

For just filtering air born sanding dust I just bought a 20" square window fan (3 speed) and taped on a furnace filter to the intake. I have to stand maybe no more than 3 ft away but on LOW, the filter works OK. If the fan speed is too high, it just sucks the dust right on through the filter. I tried putting the filter on the exhaust side but then again, the fan , on HI just pushes the dust right through. Maybe a better quality filter? Bob C