EDF jet build

Gary Vinten 1

Hi Daniel

the wing centre is covered with 1/16 sheet as is the whole wing

The solid part is from the trailing edge up to the flaps where the wing bolts to the fuselage

1/4" spars look like they are balsa which is ok as the wing is a traditional d section

Yes i have chosen retracts not sure what make i thing they would be from hobbyking devil

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dan

I got in contact with Shane on the RCMF site but he doesn't remember much about the build which is a shame really . The only advice he gave me was to make sure the wings and body are built straight. But as you know that is normal he did say he was in the middle of constructing a larger razor for 120 mm fan or turbine.

Will be nice to see the finished product !!

As for my Razor need to get a move on now i am going to polly c the fuselage then paint, and the rest will be film covering not sure what the design will be yet but the film and covering will be the base for the Finnish !!!

Gary

Hi Dan

just to let you know i have done a major reconstruction to get the nose wheel and the servo in this maybe because i used larger retract for the nose . i will post some pictures over the week end .

i have now poly c and nylon the fuselage so now onto the wing my question to you is what is the best way to hinge the flaps !!!!!!!wink

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My progress is nothing like as impressive as yours im afraid!

I have sheeted the undersize of the wing but had to put that on hold as I had run out of servo wire (new stocks arrived today), I wanted to run the wires for the flaps and ailerons before sheeting the wing completely in.

I have built and sheeted the hori stab, it needs the elevators cutting and shaping to finish.

The fuse is has now got both sides complete, I need to fit the intakes and then I think its ready for some planking - I will put that job off just a little longer!

Ive been trying to upload some more photos to my Razor album but im struggling to get them to work, maybe my file sizes are too big. I will have another play later.

Your build looks excellent! Is that a hatch I spy at the front undersize?

Did you figure out the flap hinging? I thought as they are quite thin that a standard flat pin hinge would do the job.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...