storage / transporting your birds

Mattb5m

Just curious how all you lot store and transport your models as some of i have seen are a fair size , too big for even a family estate !

im a bit of a "shedie" but with no shed at current house , used to have a really nice kitted out workshop but had to sell majority when moved house . shed was 18x9 !

Pictures would be great

Advert

I'm lucky in being able to store mine indoors , but this does restrict me on size and means that a petrol engine is out of the question.

I don't have a big car but with planing I can usually get 3 models in. Some of the larger scale stuff at one of my clubs are transported to the site in trailers.

Storage

Hi Matt,

I have recently expanded my workshop and made storage space in the attic.

dsc08367 (1024x683).jpg

I've from this to this

dsc09765 (800x533).jpg

To this. On the back wall I have fixed "spur" shelving uprights and fitted the brackets and have nearly all of my wings on this. I have built some larger shelving with I store the fuselages. My aircraft are upto 72" in span as for transporting I use my VW Transporter. I still use a spare bedroom as my workshop.

dsc09197.jpg

All this clutter has gone now have a clear building board, it was getting a little too cluttered even for me.

Regards

Robert

Posted by cymaz on 09/01/2016 07:35:27:

Every now and then, I have a real good clean up. .............. It clears the mind and sorts stuff out that I've lost.

Whenever I try to have a reorganisiation I find the opposite.

I end up losing stuff that I thought I had sorted crying

Posted by Mattb5m on 09/01/2016 01:51:20:

Just curious how all you lot store and transport your models as some of i have seen are a fair size , too big for even a family estate !

im a bit of a "shedie" but with no shed at current house , used to have a really nice kitted out workshop but had to sell majority when moved house . shed was 18x9 !

Pictures would be great

Posted by Mattb5m on 09/01/2016 01:51:20:

Pictures would be great

Posted by Justin K. on 09/01/2016 07:06:53:

I'm lucky in being able to store mine indoors , but this does restrict me on size and means that a petrol engine is out of the question.

I don't have a big car but with planing I can usually get 3 models in. Some of the larger scale stuff at one of my clubs are transported to the site in trailers.

Storage

Thats a nice neat way how to store them , do you do the same with your wings ? i currently drive a lwb transit that i converted into a campervan ... now be able to get some big birds in there but im selling in spring so think an estate would be wise !

now i would admit i have hoovered the shed floor before. well regualr once a month ish !

it is nice having a workspace inside the house i must admit , but im limited to a spare room and dining room table and tools in boxes under the stairs ! will be building a shed at parents after easter .

Posted by Mattb5m on 14/01/2016 00:34:12:

Thanks for your input so far guys , would anyone mind taking a few snaps of there workshop or workspace . Cheers wink

Type "workshop" in the search box above and their's a fair few threads with pics included yes

Baz