DB Gyro power question

David perry 1

Just getting to the stage where I have to commit to the power for my DB SS Autogyro.

I WAS going to fit my OS25 but I keep thinking that electric would be a cleaner more convenient option. Question is, how much power do gyros sap? Am I looking at 100w a pound, 75w, 125w? I pretty much understand the power requirements of fixed wing but not sure how those blades react. Has anyone electrified the autogyro before?

David

This is one acquired from Rich Harris as not much was needed to make the transition from ic.....the electric motor was given to me by a freind as came from a quadcopter.....Richard has a video of one of its many flights, but from a totally different angle to those normal vids......

Edited By Baz Lewis on 19/01/2016 17:34:35

Mine is 25 years old and fitted with an OS 25 fsr which was fitted new into the model, it would be criminal for me to remove this and go electric. Saying that I have seen Barry's perform and it flies equally as well, probably better as it has instant power response.

Here is Barry's model flying, this is my first attempt at trying to track a model with my home made FPV goggles fitted, I take my hat off to those that can do this, it is really hard.

• 4 weeks later...